Position: Project Manager – Software
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
This is a great opportunity for a motivated candidate with strong management and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment, delivering change for internal and external Clients.
The primary focus for this role will be to lead the delivery of Application Development projects for our client’s global client list.
My client is a prestigious, international marketing procurement specialist. Through their broad portfolio of marketing services, they provide the essential marketing support that clears the way for their clients to focus on what they do best: their real business.
- Managing a portfolio of projects throughout the project life-cycle.
- Adhering to the Group Project Management Methodology, ensuring that gateway criteria are met at each stage in the project delivery and all project documentation is produced and maintained to agreed standards.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed Business / Client objectives, requirements, schedules, costs and quality objectives.
- Production of appropriate project documentation, including delivery plans, reports, logs, IT support models and IT service introduction material.
- Identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies that could threaten a project’s delivery.
- Identifying countermeasures and recommending and/or taking appropriate action to overcome delays, issues, challenges or cost over-runs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, suppliers and clients.
Skills, Capabilities And Attributes
- Track record of successful and timely delivery of bespoke software Development projects operating within a formal project methodology.
- Prince 2 qualified or equivalent recognised Project Management accreditation.
- Experience of delivering projects using waterfall and agile project management methodologies, with the ability to tailor and blend the approaches as appropriate for increased effectiveness.
- Experience of managing projects within an Enterprise organisation, with a varied sector background such as financial services, retail and communications.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence, challenging supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Experience of managing cross-functional delivery teams.
- Experience of managing Application Development projects.
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate IT and Infrastructure terminology and technology in plain-English and in non-technical terms to colleagues.
- Experience and working knowledge of MS Management Solutions.
In return for your skills and contribution as a Project Manager, this award-winning business will offer you a salary between £40,000 and £50,000 with a bonus. They will also give you flexibility of how and where work. This is a company that encourages self-development, they will put all the steps in place for you to progress your career so if you’re looking for a chance to build on your current skills, this is the place for you.